Monday, April 04, 2005

How did it come to this? - cc

Let's start off by making one thing clear: I don't know the facts of the case.

But that doesn't much separate me from just about everyone else involved or keeping tabs on the allegations against Michael Jackson.

The trouble I find in court cases is that there is an agenda. From one point of view or another, when an agenda is being played out in court, you don't always get jounalistic fact-reporting; what you usually get is fact-smearing and fact-masquerading.

Don't get me wrong... we'd be in big trouble without our courts. What I'm saying is that on one side, it might truly be that MJ is trying to keep himself out of prison for a crime he committed. On the other end, Michael might be the victim of someone making accusations to get at his money. "Oh come on!" you say? "These parents are trying to get justice!"

After the first case was settled out of court for about $25 million, more accusers came out of the woodwork. It could be that the new accusers wanted a stab at MJ's money, or it could be that once the parents heard of someone else being molested by Michael, they finally believed their kid's story. Tell you what: when all is said and done and Jackson has no more cash, let's see if anyone else presses charges (that is, if he's not in prison).

Now, as I started off, I don't know the facts, and honestly, I doubt you do either. But the allegations and claims being made just blow my mind.

Take, for example, the 1993 lawsuit wherein Jackson spent 30 consecutive nights with a 13 year old boy.
1) Why would Jackson WANT to spend that much time with a boy if he didn't have "selfish" intentions? Is that not suspect? Isn't it abnormal??
2) Why would the boy's parents ALLOW Jackson to spend that much time with the boy, sleeping together, etc? Is THAT not suspect??

The details in the current case are no less jaw-dropping. Seriously, I don't think I could make up a story this strange. For heaven's sake... Jesus juice?! How did it ever come to this for the King of Pop?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home